Allen Bradley Pico GFX

I have never used the Pico GFX, but I have been looking at it for a somewhat simple application. AB is hiding the programming manual somewhere on their site. Just how good is the instruction set and the speed of the processor.

The application that I am considering is taking an input from an analog sensor that will give me the radius of the roll, do some calculations, and then produce a reference to a voltage-to-pressure converter. Does the GFX have a decent math instruction set?

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/browse_results.hcst?lineTitle=Pico%20Controllers&familyTitle=Programmable%20Logic%20Controllers&categoryTitle=Programmable%20Controllers&xLanguage=EN%20-%20English&CategoryId=0012&FamilyId=0088&passedLangVal=EN%20-%20English

This has all the manuals for the Pico series. I downloaded my full manual from there a year ago.

I don't believe the Pico, even the GFX, has very much in terms of math. The ones I've played with were limited to Compare instructions on the analog inputs.

You might want to look into a Micrologix 1100, it has 2 analog inputs on the base, and can do all the math you want.

After I made my post, I found that the programming part is "hidden" in the chapter 4 Wiring with GFX-70. Actually it can do ADD, MULT, DIV, and SUB.

Yes, the Micrologix 1100 with an HMI would be my preferred solution, but I am on a tight budget and it looks like I do do this project for half the price of the ML1100 and HMI.