5/05 to panelview1000 std. ethernet troubles

newbie 5/05

I am new to the ethernet scene. I have hooked up to a hub and established coms to plc but not to the panel view it is a 2711-t10g20. I put the IP address's for #1 computer #2 plc #3 panelview it will not recongnize the panelview. Put the same IP address in panelviews as in rslinx's but no luck

What driver are you using in RSLinx?

If you are using the "Ethernet Devices" driver, did you add the IP addresses of both the PanelView 1000 Standard and the SLC 5/05 to the Station Mapping page?

If you use the "Ethernet/IP" driver, it should find all the devices that are accesible in its subnet.

If you don't have the EDS file to identify the device, then it should still appear in RSWho, but will have a yellow question mark next to it insead of the icon for a PanelView Standard.

That is about as far as I can go for now...

Paul

AB_ETH-1 Driver

IP address's
#1 Computer 192.168.1.100
#2 PLC 192.168.1.101
#3 Panelview 192.168.1.102

has a yellow question mark with red X through it.

RSLinx version 2.41.00

I am using a hub, Cat 5e cable and used two different cables along with two differet hub ports. I have done nothing but took the panelview straight from the box to the cabinet. So it's never been loaded before. Do you have to load it via 232 before communicating through ethernet? I could not do it even with printer port disabled, auto configure wouldn't find anything. I want to transfer a file that was in a 485 panelview1000 do I have to start over from scratch or can I just change comms in panelbuilder 32?

go to ab.com and seach for bootp
it came up with the same addy that I sent although when I tried to go from the link that I posted it did come up invalid