Six HSC inputs?

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know a lot about a few PLCs and a little about a lot of PLCs, but this one has me stumped.
I have a customer who is looking for a low end "Micro" type PLC with 6 High Speed Count Inputs plus about 5 regular inputs and about 8 outputs.
Anyone able to help us here?
TIA

that is not enough info to go on but Mitsubishi FX series PLCs should have 6 high speed inputs and small units (32 I/O or example) don't cost an arm or leg.

RussB said:
I know a lot about a few PLCs and a little about a lot of PLCs, but this one has me stumped.
I have a customer who is looking for a low end "Micro" type PLC with 6 High Speed Count Inputs plus about 5 regular inputs and about 8 outputs.
Anyone able to help us here?
TIA
If I'm not mistaken , S7-200 series have 6 HS inputs (definetely 4 but somehow I remember something about 6). Maybe the 226?

The Siemens S7-200 can have up to six HSCs defined, but not all six can operate in all modes. If you need to connect six quadrature encoders, it won't handle it. If all you need are six high speed inputs, you may be able to get it to do what you need.