GX-IEC Developer Variable Name Update.

automatt

Hi,
Lets say I have a bit of code where I have used the Mitsi address "M6" several times.

I then decide to declare this M6 in the Global Variable Table with an Identifier of say "System_Healthy".

Is there any way the "M6" items in the program can automatically be updated to "System_Healthy", or do I just have to use the Find/Replace option in the Edit Menu.

Thanks,
Matt.

Not as far as I know of, even after find & replace you will have to declare the variables in the header, unfortunately as the header does not contain Raw variables like M, D etc. it would be very difficult to implement, also as GXiec does not have local or temps (it uses fixed internal variables for these) it is very difficult to tie "M6" with the symbol as the real address is not used in the header,