Extract FIX32 Alarms

Do you want a list of the alarms set up in Fix, or a list of the alarms in a 24 hour period? If a list of the alarms in a 24 hour period, go into the Fix folder, then into ALM folder, they are really just a text file and you can manipulate any way you want.

George

Thanks for your replys:

I would like to get the alarms into a readable format in an excel sheet over the duration of the batch. The alarms are not associated by Batch Id so i just wish to query them by time and date ie over a certain period.

How do I first pull out all ebnabled alarms from the PDB

BillyB said:
How do I first pull out all ebnabled alarms from the PDB

Start Database manager. Then Chose View>Properties and select query tab. enter {TAG NAME} = "*" AND {Alarm Enabled?} = "yes"

This will list all the tags that have alarms enabled. However this is only a configuration thing. You want to view alarms that have happened. If I were you I'd log all my alarms into a database. Then you can use excel to query the database and format it however you like.

To log the alarms into a database you need to enable the Alarm ODBC service in the SCU. There is a good explanation of how to do this in the elctronic books under implementing alarms and messages> configuring alarms > configuring the alarm odbc service