Physical Sizes of AC Drives

LV_John

Well, unfortunately, Reliance has discontinued the MD-60 line of drives. The model 6MDDN-4P0101, for example, was a nice compact 3 3/8 inches wide, 6 inches tall, and 5 1/2 inches in depth. Our biggest problem here at the plant is that width. It seems that most drives now are in the neighborhood of 6 inches wide. The depth and the height are not really critical. This is a 1.5 kw/2 HP AC drive, 480 input. Do any of you out there know of a good replacement with the width close to 3 3/8 inches?
The other problem we ran into with some drives (like the Baldor guaranteed replacement) was that they had no 'drive ready' contact, only a programmable relay that would finally come on if there 'was' a fault. How in the hell could they forget that an E-Stop loop might just need a drive ready relay? The other thing was it did not like to start into a moving load. (flying start). I guess the last question would be, do any of you have any of the aforementioned MD-60 drives for sale?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

John

I guess I missed that one....

.......and I'm glad to see we were not the only ones with the issue discussed!!

Ideas were definitely stirred up in my head. Thanks.

John