Connecting to Micrologix

rstrckland

I have a Micrologix 1500 processor, ties into a AIC, and the AIC ties into a panelview 300 micro. The open spot left on the AIC goes to a standard RJ45 female plug. I have the AB USB to DH485 converter and the PLC cables PIC replacement, and I cant seem to connect with either. I start RSLinx, and never see anything beyond the cables. My com port is specified correctly, and I'm out of ideas. I'm using the PIC driver for the PIC replacement cable, not sure what driver for the USB/DH485. Any help is appreciated.

Front round port goes to AIC, side serial port goes to barcode scanner. On AIC - top left port goes to RJ45 female plug, and bottom left port goes to panelview. Working with the USB/DH485 again, see where I can get.

What version of RSLinx are you using? If 2.52 or later, use the UIC driver - it is a lot easier than setting up the DF1 driver.

I have had this exact problem and I was never able to connect to my PV or my micrologix through the Net-AIC. I used a 1747-UIC, followed all the directions to a "T" and still no luck. Eventually, I connected directly to my plc with the 1747-UIC.This worked, however the one drawback was that I could obviously not be online. I had to make my changes,re-connect my plc to the Net-AIC and hope everything was smooth. I have checked Ab's "KnowledgeBase" and spoken to teck support.This is not an isolated issue and neither was any help to me. So unfortunately I wish you best of luck.

I set it as a rs-232 dfi device then hit configure nd use the device as a 1770-kf3/1747-ke and I change the error cheacking to crc hit ok not auto configure