Symbol lists updates

vanilla05

Dear all, i am using siemens step7 software to write my PLC programs and i have a problem right now.

I have written a program tag to all my inputs and outputs. After which, i realised i made a mistake when declaring them in the symbol list.

Example: input I0.0 is used in a network instead of I0.1

Is there any way to update the changes from I0.0 to I0.1 in the symbol list and allowing all initial used inputs of I0.0 be change to I0.1 in the rest of the networks?

Yes, this would probably work, assuming I understand your problem:

1. Back up your original program.
2. Change the project from absolute priority to symbolic priority by going to (I think; I'm going from memory)Blocks>Options>Address Priority
3. Change your symbol table as required
4. Do a consistency check by choosing Blocks>Check Block Consistency>Compile All
5. Change back to absolute priority.
6 Verify your work.

If that doesn't work, then there is a rewire functions under Simatic Manager>Options, but I have never used it with Step 7.