I/A series IACC Foxbore DCS

macs_plc

I need some help for few blocks in IACC

Any IACC DCS Engineer here?

I have installed Foxdoc 8.0 but i cant get a clear idea, if any expert can give some simple logics using thers blocks below, it will be helpfull for me

Block Info i need

PATALM, ACCUM, SWCH, DEP, EXC, IND, MON, SIGSEL, MAIN, PAKIN, MCIN

I do not have any IACC experience, my system is at ver 7.1.3 unix and uses the "legacy" ICC (integrated control configurator). The FoxDoc CD has manuals giving detailed information about each block. The blocks you asked about would take many, many pages to explain. I can give you a brief on each one's purpose perhaps.
PATALM: pattern alarm, you define a pattern of discrete bits, and if the pattern is not satisfied, then you can act on this info, useful for checking all valves closed, all devices in auto etc...

ACCUM: accumalator, counts pulses from meters etc..., can also be used as a retentive timer for pump run time etc....

SWCH: switch block, can be used for switching between redundant devices, or inputs to any other block, I use it for the "master" signal on slave PID's that have multiple masters.

EXE, IND, DEP & MON blocks are all used for sequential functions. Sequence blocks are resource hogs, so only the MON (monitor) block should run all the time, when conditions warrant, the MON block will call the EXE block which controls hold, start, abort etc... of the DEP and IND blocks, the DEP isn't used very often. Each of these blocks have connections and the actual control sequence is coded via structured text called HLBL (Higher Level Batch Language). I find HLBL very similar to Pascal with a little C thrown in for flavor.

Since you are at ver. 8.0, then you may be using Sequential Function Charts, the sequence blocks are "built in" to the SFC's.

SIGSEL: signal select, this can be configured as either a high or low select, usually used when two PID's need to control the same PV.

MAIN; multiple analog inputs, most often used when receiving data from a PLC register or all the channels on one FBM (field bus module), the MAIN can read multiple registers at once.

MCIN; multiple same as MAIN but for Contact INputs (discrete).

PACKIN, packed booleans, you can pack a bunch of boolean signals into one long integer.

You really need to find the "block" book on the CD. Browse by title, and look for the Block description documents, there are three volumes, the blocks are in alphabetical order.

Last edited:
I gone through the foxdoc, but its having very detailed explanation that we can only understand, but there is no example for the blocks, can any body please give me an simple example of each given below(like a small program)?
Atleast ----> PIDA, CHARC, RIN, ROUT, AINR, AOUTR (BCALC - Back calculate output)

If possible ---> IND, MON, TIM, SIGSEL, MAIN, DEP, EXC, ACCUM, BOUT, CHARC

Yes iam having the system, i am new to this DCS field, newly joined in Invensys IPS, can u plz tell me the minimum parameters i can use for these 2 blocks with an screenshot example program??? - PIDA, CHARC ???

And i want explanation about -- > RIN ROUT

somebody told me it is used for HART input...Can u explain about HART as current input....in one example RIN is connected to AIN...
I want an example for this and explanation about HART...Can you guide me

Last edited:
Document Required- B0193AV

Dear Experts,

I am new to I/A series FOXBORO DCS and urgently require some reference material for the system, specifically the reference manual for "INTEGRATED CONTROL CONFIGURATOR" with the reference number as mentioned above.

I want to add a point in the system communicating over MODBUS via FBM Modbus Module and display its value on HMI.

There may be a chance that I am referring to wrong document for the purpose. In that case, kindly suggest the document reference number and share the download link.

I have already tried the Official Support Forum, but it is asking for two to three days for account activation and I don't have much time. So kindly suggest another way.

Best Regards,
Waleed Ilyas

Manuals Download

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

But again I need some reference documentation and manuals for the I/A series software, specifically for Integrated Control Configurator. Kindly suggest or share a link where I can find these documents. If you have some material kindly share it on my email.

[email protected]

Re: Document Required- B0193AV

Thanks a lot for your support.

I have already subscribed for official support center and now waiting for activation of my account.

You should get that quickly, once login.. at the top go to documents, IA, Version then on the left side pick category gateway.

Are you starting new application or are trying to modify an existing one?

Not know what version you are using, but I suspect you are using a MDSCAN block to read the registers.. In that block you will see RDADDR XXX, that's the starting point of the Modbus then you have BITLEN XXX, that how may register you read, If you can add your reading the end of the mod bus you just increase the BITLEN by 1, if not you may have to create a new MDSCAN block. Read the gateway stuff and it should help.