Importing PLC Database to PV 1000+

Krilun

I have my panelview 1000 plus on a subnet with my PLC compactlogix L32E. I would like to import the data base from the PLC into my RSView Studio. I navigated to the 'Import PLC Tags' page but when I browse to find my PLC database I would like to use RSLinx to navigate to my PLC database instead of getting it off my hard drive that runs RSLogix 5000. Any ideas?

-Ken

would like to import the data base from the PLC into my RSView Studio.

Think very carefully about this, HMI tags add to your .mer file
size, and could create issues. I went down this track, and started having issues, I have since changed to direct addressing, and only have a handful of HMI tags for datalogging mainly.

scottmurphy said:
Think very carefully about this, HMI tags add to your .mer file
size, and could create issues. I went down this track, and started having issues, I have since changed to direct addressing, and only have a handful of HMI tags for datalogging mainly.
I 2nd this.
You could end up with a huge aplication, depends on the amount of tags and your graphics.