Using MX Component with VB.net

khalid rafiq

hi,
i have developed application for MITSUBISHI A2N CPU using MXcomponent with VB6. the application is working OK. But when i try to develop the same using VB.net it is not successful. when try to perform ReadDeviceRandom method the system generates a error "NullReferance exception was not handelled" any one have idea what to do...........

Thanks
Khalid Rafiq

there are a number of differences between .net & vb, variables are not handled the same it is probable that the mx component needs to be updated to work with .net or some kind of interface written.
Perhaps there are more experienced persons here on .net than me who might have the answer.

didn't use it in long time and everything so far was done in VB6. i agree with parky about differences (but there should be no reason that this should not work with .NET). check carefully parameters and specially size of each, for example integers in .NET are twice the size of integers in VB6 etc.

MX Component with VB.net

I have tried but resulting a null exception error. In .net it successfully checks the connection to the PLC. But when i try to read device block it throws "Nullreferance Exception not handelled". Any one have idea how to resolve this error.

MX Component with .net

Thanks "panic mode" and "parky" for your suggessions i have checked parameters of method read device random.
lRet = object.ReadDeviceRandom(szDeviceList, lSize,lData(0))
Documentation provided by MItsubishi says lSize and lData() should be of long type. i have changed these two to integer types and the result is OK. Its working in .net.

thanks again.
Khalid rafiq

Need urgent Help!!!!!!!!!!

sir i need to integrate Mitsubishi fx2n plx with my .net code...plzz help ker den ke kaise hogi...mx component is not free from Mitsubishi..my email address is "[email protected]"..thanks in advance....:confused::confused:o_O:unsure::(šŸ™ƒo_O