Config CL Profibus Flex I/O

RPax

Hi, I was wondering has anyone any experience with the following.

I am trying to connect to an Allen Bradley Profibus Flex I/O Slave 1794-APB/B but am unsure how to define the User Configuartion and Parameter configuration for the attached cards on the slave rack. I'am using a Control Logix PLC with A Prosoft MVI56-PDPMV1 Master Card.

From reading the manual for the slave, the slave can be configured in 3 different modes Auto, Compressed and Full configuration. I'am trying to achieve this in Auto as it allow to swap out the cards online. In general how would I define the configuration data?.

In the Master Card software (Profibus Config Builder) there is a Parameter assignment data tab for the slave module but doesnt seem to accept the parameter data in Auto config. The manual only gives an example in Full format so a bit confused on how to do.

Although the above is specific to my master software I'am sure the same problem arises using different Master config software.

At the moment, I'am trying to configure say an Analog Input Module 1794-1E8 module to the Prosoft Master Flex I/O Slave 1794-APB/B. To configure this with a 4-20mA Signal I need to send an HEX FF00 to the assigned output. But wondering how do I do this.

Appreciate any help or even general comments on this . Thanks