Setting IP Address on Ethernet Module Slc 500

I'm assuming you mean the SLC-5/05 controller with an onboard Ethernet port.

Out of the box, the controller is set to be assigned an IP address by a BOOTP or DHCP protocol server. RA includes a utility that does exactly this with RSLinx.

The IP address is part of the controller's program, so you can load a program in via the Channel 0 RS232 port that has the IP address configured in the program.

Look on the project tree on the left side of RSLogix500.

Find a tab called Channel Configuration. You will find the channel configurations for both serial and ethernet there.

Slc 5/05 plc ip adress chnage ..need help

Hello,

I want to change ip address of SLC5/05 ...How can I change it ?

I am using " Ethernet device " driver in RSLinx Classic.

Thank you for your support

The SLC-5/05 controller stores the IP address as part of the user program, rather than as a separate module configuration stored in nonvolatile memory like the ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers.

You must use RSLogix 500 software to change the IP address in the Channel 1 Configuration section. This can be done online or offline.

Thank you very much geniusintraining person,

My SLC 5/05 has already assigned ip address so If I want to change ip address , Should I do the same steps as here...

step 1 ) Under Channel Configuration... type new IP address and Subnet Mask under Chan. 1 - System tab ??

And I am using " Ethernet Device " driver in RSLinx classic so I add new ip address under host id.

Is that correct process ??

The only thing I would add is that after you upload the new IP address and add that address to RSLinx you will need to change the communications path. This is done via the “controller properties” (in the project tree) and then “controller communications”. The simplest way is to select “who Active…” and select your controller from the RSLinx box that appears.

Another thing... make sure you have a free (not used) IP address that you are using on the network, you will have issues if you change the address to a address that is used

You may want to ask your IT people if you are not sure

But yes, changing it that way should also work...

Good luck!

Another thing... make sure you have a free (not used) IP address that you are using on the network, you will have issues if you change the address to a address that is used

You may want to ask your IT people if you are not sure

But yes, changing it that way should also work...

Good luck!

Thanks Genioustraining person and Firejo....

I also have HMI with new ip address ...for talking to this HMI with PLC , I put that new hmi ip address under Host id in " Ethernet Device " and it should be talking.

Is that correct process ??

Hope is the best !!!!!