MicroLogix 1000 question

Cannery

Howdy, I'm back!:ROFLMAO:

One or two of you may remember me from some time back when I asked for (and quickly recieved!) a program to run a stack blower for our boilers. It worked perfectly and is still out there doing it's thing. Made me look pretty good around here, Thanks one more time for the help!

So, anyway, the Panic of the Week is to build what amounts to a giant dishwasher. Program should be pretty straight forward and I think I can write that okay.

My question is this: For environmental reasons, we'd like to locate the PLC at some distance from the actual machine. I haven't measured it, but I'd say it will be in the 50-75 foot range. Am I going to run into signal level problems at that distance? Are there other issues I should consider such as sink/source drive, voltage or current loop control, etc?

Thanks in advance...

Paul