red lion hmi CL05 program copy

fishenguy

Need to know how to pull program out of a good red lion CL05 hmi and load it onto a new HMI. I have the cable shipping today and have downloaded Edict97. I just need to transfer the program from our old unit to the new one. Can anyone help me, is this an easy process or a difficult one.

That is one question the guy before you did ask.

First, click Link-Options and make sure that the proper COM port is selected. Then click Link-Extract Image. It will prompt you to save the file, the name must be <= 8 characters. Then to dump it into the new unit, click Link-Download Image.

FYI, this image cannot be edited. Also, you may not be able to extract the image if the programming port of the unit was configured with a communication driver.

Regards,
Dan

DanYost said:
That is one question the guy before you did ask.

First, click Link-Options and make sure that the proper COM port is selected. Then click Link-Extract Image. It will prompt you to save the file, the name must be <= 8 characters. Then to dump it into the new unit, click Link-Download Image.

FYI, this image cannot be edited. Also, you may not be able to extract the image if the programming port of the unit was configured with a communication driver.

Regards,
Dan

This is correct, You can Capture the database and then download it to the new unit in Edict97. But you cannot edit it. If it was setup for special comms protocols it may not work.
What was the Redlion talking to..?

Matt, We're not trying to edit the program, for now at least. We have a bottle labeler. The servo drive went bad on us. Eventually we found another but, in the process, we found that the drive is obsolete, (that was a shocker!!). Now we want to upgrade our drives to something newer and obtain spare parts for that weekend crash. We actually have an outside company preparing the drives and servo motors for us. All we have to do is install. We want to keep the redlion hmi because there is nothing wrong with it and apperently it's not obsolete. What we have to do is copy the program into the new hmi and send it to the company that's setting this up for us. We can do the install and they'll come in for start up in case there's any problems.

Dan, Thanks for your reply. We haven't received the new cable yet to give it a try. I'll let you know, but it sounds like it should be simple enough.

Thanks, Dave

Dave,

FYI, while it is not obsolete yet, it will be sometime following the end of 2009. That is, we plan to keep making them until at least that time.

Regards,
Dan