Taylor ProWorx PLC-2 Key Disk

JerryF

Hi,

Our Taylor ProWorx PLC-2 Key Disk destroyed by a wanker doing what he does best, being a stupid wanker. Now we can't access our PLC to look at the prgram. Any ideas where to get a new key disk or where to download one from? We're in a bit of a bind.

Thanks,

Jerry

It's for reasons of obsolescence like that, among many, many others, that you need to be converting that old PLC2 to something more supportable...

kbpatton said:
There are a few places that sell software for legacy AB PLC's. I think SoftPLC is one and also http://www.plc2software.com/. Their custom PLC2 software is only $495.

I bought the above software and it does work, but be aware that it uses its own proprietary file format and thus can't use any Alllen Bradley PLC2 files that you may have. What this means is that you will be able to suck the program out of the plc, but you won't have niceties such as rung comments, variable names, etc.

As far as replacing the PLC2s is concerned, this is an option if you work for a company that has money and is willing to spend it, but this isn't an option at where I work.

Electrically_Bound said:
As far as replacing the PLC2s is concerned, this is an option if you work for a company that has money and is willing to spend it, but this isn't an option at where I work.

That means they're ready to spend even more when the process goes down and you can't get parts or support anymore?? When you PLAN an upgrade/replacement, you can schedule it to be most convenient. You can't schedule when it will let the magic smoke out...