Adding to a DH+ network

DazEddie

I want to retro-fit a PanelView onto a DH+ network. I have identified a location I can run two DH+ cables from the PV back to - an SLC already on the network but not at one end. Is it acceptable to simply join one of the cables from the PV to one of the existing ones using a connector block or something similar and connect the other cable from the PV to the terminal of the PLC as standard?

A DH+ network should only have two ends. If you want to "splice" into the middle of the network (which I ~think~ is what your wanting to do), you'll want two DH+ cables between your PV and the SLC. Disconnect the DH+ from the SLC and connect it to one of the cables, then connect the other cable back onto the SLC.

Thanks Ozee, I think you describe what my intention is. Do you know if there is a 'prefered' method for "splicing" two cables together or will a connector block of some sort suffice?

DazEddie said:
Thanks Ozee, I think you describe what my intention is. Do you know if there is a 'prefered' method for "splicing" two cables together or will a connector block of some sort suffice?

I have done this with a terminal block as you described. No problems at all. Just make sure all three wires are landed and carried thru.

Absolutely! Terminal blocks work wonderfully!

Lots of times when I build a panel, I'll go ahead and even put in a splice location, then just jumper the wires together. That way, when I need to splice something in like this, it's all ready to go.