a few newbie questions around rssql

schaya

howdy,

taking my first dive into the world of RSSQL. Ive managed to open the app and view a list of transactions, but where can i go to actually see the data model?

also, if someone could give me the 2 second overview of how rssql talks to plc (plc5 in this case) it would be a huge help. are these "transactions" set up to pull data from registers? what are they triggered off of?

again, thanks in advance

RSSQL uses an OPC (or DDE) server, to monitor values in, and send values to a device on the device side of a connection.

See what data model? The database? The PLC? Use the usual database commands or GUI to look there, the PLC Programming package to look there.

Seriously, for RSSQL, I'd say try to spend at least a couple hours with someone knowledgable about it at your distributors, or take a class. Time well spent.

i did not realize at the time that rssql was just the link, not the actual DB. i do get that part now.

What im after now is the actual registers getting pulled from the PLC via OPC/DDE, can i find this info in the transactions?

thanks for your reply thus far

updating thread

Bumping this to see if anyone can help. ive got (somewhat) more of a feel for RSSQL and what i have to do, but here is the full picture of what remains:

-Looking to take an RSSQL instance out of production (because nobody can support it!). I see there are two transactions, one OPC and one ODBC. So they handle PLC->RSSQL and RSSQL->microsoft sqlserver database, respectively. All i need to find out of RSSQL are the registers that the transaction pulls from the PLC. I got info on the transaction and i see named fields, but i am looking for this info at the register level.

If anyone can help now that i can better express what i need, it would be much appreciated