RSlogix5000 v16+: how to open local PDF manuals in a separate window

Contr_Conn

I don't want to polute other threads where people were asking this question:
RSlogix5000 v16+: how to open local PDF manuals in a separate window?

See TN 54902:
54902-1.jpg

It is a long away around the barn - but if you really want mulitiple ones open at the same time. Open the docs up using Adobe Reader instead of the "Start Page".

On a "Standard" install (as opposed to custom) the docs are located at: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Common\ENU\Docs

Have fun

Thanks for the Technote reference. I tried it out so I can undock the window and move it to the other monitor, but it still opens the PDF in a frame where you can't display the page in full screen width.

Yes, they can be opened seperately by navigating to the files which is what I do. Either way, navigating to to the files, or clicking through the V16 startup window, its more clicks to get to the information you want - its a step backwards from versions prior to V16.

Last edited:
I agree that it would be nice to have PDF documents without any other information.

I created and using shortcuts to commonly used files in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Common\ENU\Docs

For looking at the docs, I much much prefer Foxit Reader over Acrobat. It loads much much faster, does not need (or want) to have background helper apps running, and has a much smaller footprint.

I actually uninstalled all versions of Acrobat after trying Foxit for a while.