micrologix 1000 uploading

amihan1970

Hi there, I got a used micrologix 1000 from ebay. I made a succesful communication between PLC and laptop. But when I tried to upload a sample program I made, it didn't work. I tried "verify project", no fault found. Did I miss any parameter? Actually I'm not an experienced plc programmer. will someone could help me. :(

Last edited:
Please tell us the complete catalog number of your ML1000.
Tell us more about what "it didn't work" means.
What version of RSLogix500 are you using?
Post your .RSS file. ( zip it then post here)

Upload brings the current program from the PLC to the laptop.
Download sends the program from the laptop to the PLC.
Select download and see what happens.

HTH

Bob, you're right, I made a mistake with that term, its been a year I haven't prog. a PLC, sorry and thanks Bob O. Also to you guys, thank you Mickey and Alaric, your info is my reference.

Mickey, my rs500 is ver. 3.01 and RSlinx rev 2.10. my laptop have Vista OS and I'm using a dynex usb to serial adpter with replacement cable ....PM002. I think my RS500 and rslinx were older version but it works with Vista. In the future, with this set up, Is there a possibility that I may encounter problem with using older version to a Vista OS?

ahmmmmm one more thing to check.
Not sure if you managed to get the PLC to work but with Micros you have to put it to RUN Mode after a successfull download.
And you'll have to get the updated RS500 and RSLinx if you can.
The ones you have are way old.

amihan1970 said:
Mickey, my rs500 is ver. 3.01 and RSlinx rev 2.10. my laptop have Vista OS and I'm using a dynex usb to serial adpter with replacement cable ....PM002. I think my RS500 and rslinx were older version but it works with Vista. In the future, with this set up, Is there a possibility that I may encounter problem with using older version to a Vista OS?

Interesting, I was not able to get RSLinx 2.52 or RSLogix500 V7.30 to even install in Vista. I don't think Rockwell added official Vista support until Linx v2.54 and 500 v8.0.

Now, I experiencing some problem with the older version fo RS500 and rslinx in Vista. I don't have HELP option and I can't make an online edit.

If you have a MicroLogix 1000, you don't have online edits as an option. You have to make your edits offline and then download your changes.

HTH

Ok, how about the other issue, everytime I want to go to HELP tab to inquire a paticular instruction(example RTO,ORS,ONS, etc..), I can't get through, it seems my help option is empty. what do you think is the problem? is it the way I install the RSLogix?

I have not run into the issue of not having the help file.
Since you are running and older version and are using vista it maybe a compatability issue. [Just guessing here.]
Have you tried reinstall your software?
If you do you should remove your activation, do an uninstall and then reinstall and then move your activation back.

HTH