PC Express Card - RS232

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
Anyone use these and opinions please.

Our IT dept tell me it is time to upgrade me. The corporate laptop no longer has a serial port and I was considering one of the PC Express card types rather than USB which I found a little hit and miss a couple of yrs ago.

It will be XP Pro and I generally connect to GE Fanuc, Siemens S7, Mitsubishi

Cheers

Hi there
For Siemens if you are using CP5512 then It wont fit in Express slot.
I myself is using old laptop because new one comes with express slot and CP5512 will become useless.

Is Siemens coming up with Express slot version of CP5512??

The only one I could get to work are those made by SIIG for the AB RSLogix and the Ultradrive software. It was one of the few that had compatability all the way back to WIN95.

Last edited:
I have both and express card and a PCMCIA serial port adapters for my laptops and I have no found any communications issues to date. The ones I use can be found on www.quatech.com I also have a PCMCIA to express card adapter from Duel systems which works well with my Allen Bradley Devicenet card.

Giz