Adding cards to a devicenet

francisco.top

Hi.
I have a Contrologix with 5 scanners. On each scanner I have at least 15 1794-ADN nodes. I want to add a new card to one of these nodes, but I can´t stop my PLC and neither the scanner. Somebody told me that it is possible, but 99% of people I´ve talked about told me that it is not.
Have anybody done this before?
Thanks.

The answer is maybe. Using RSNetworks for device net you cand scan the network after adding your new card. Map the I/O and then download this new information to the scanner. The problem is that you will have to put the PLC in Program mode to do this unless you have a newer version of Contrologix. I belive you need version 15 or higher to download to a scanner in run mode.

Thanks for the answer.
But the problem is that if I put the Contrologix in PROG mode it will stop ALL the other nodes.... I can´t do that....
Well, any new sugestion???

Prior to firmware revision 7, the 1756-DNB always required you to put the scanner into Idle mode in order to perform a flash write of the scanlist. The controller could remain in RUN mode, but the scanner had to be in Idle (the Run bit = 0).

The Online Scanlist Changes at Runtime (OSCAR) feature allows you to save a new scanlist to flash memory while the module is still in RUN mode.

This feature works in RSNetWorx for Devicenet 7.00, 8.00, and 9.00 with 1756-DNB firmware 7.001, 7.002, & 10.005. The newest 1756-DNB modules (Series C, with the USB port on the front) support this feature very well.