Wonderware Password Page

sutton

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear all,

We are having Wonderware Intouch Windowmaker version 8.02. We want to create one password log in box to access a HMI setting page. I learnt that to creat this password box, the access level will apply to all the HMI pages. Is that possible that the password is used to lock only one particular page?

Regards,

Jason

:confused:

It depends on how you set up your security levels - you can have many, many security levels. It should be possible to have it unlock only one page.

Yes, I do this with buttons. You can make the button invisible using the visibility properties - no button, no screen.

There's probably some fancy script way to do it with a window, but the visible animations are much easier.

You can make the button as described associated with just one user account as well. I think its $operator. You can disable it or make in invisible. So, if you dont log in as that user, the button isnt there. You can also add this as a disable on the settings screen to make sure they cant use them, even if they where smart and got to the open window pulldown.

matt

tomalbright said:
Yes, I do this with buttons. You can make the button invisible using the visibility properties - no button, no screen.

There's probably some fancy script way to do it with a window, but the visible animations are much easier.

That's the way I do it. No fancy username / password security level stuff to worry about. I use visiblity of a screen selection button determined by matching a password entered on the W/W screen to a PLC stored value. As long as the password > 0 and matches the PLC stored value, the screen slection button is displayed.

I then use a LogOff button to reset the password enetered value back to 0, which hides the screen selection button.