Siemens MP 377 OS Update Issue

mday

I was updating a MP377 panel few hours ago using the Prosave feature in WinCC Flexible 2007 over an Ethernet connection. Everything was going well until a connection failure caused the OS transfer to stop, leaving the MP in a locked up condition requiring a power cycle. Now my MP377 won't boot because it doesn't have an OS in flash memory to load from.

I have read about using a bootstrap loader in Prosave to reload the OS, but I have not been able to find instructions, or this option in Prosave version 7.4.0.0

Does anyone know the procedure in restoring when this happens? Thanks

I figured it out. I was able to setup my communications settings using Prosave, communications setting. Then when I went into OS update I checked restore to factory default, which then allowed me to enter the MAC id from the back of the panel. Once I did this I hit update OS and was able to restore the OS over Ethernet to the panel on boot.

DEAR all
i have exactly the same problem but i was updating panel with serial ppi cable and now i can t conect with panel has anybody any idea what i can do

Turn off the panel.
Go to the OS Update dialog in Prosave, and enable "Reset to factory settings".
Connect the panel with the PC, and start the OS update from Prosave.
Then turn on the panel.
The OS Update will then start when Prosave detects the panel.

today i tried to made "factory reset" but in prosave "os update" menu
there was no the selection for "factory reset" i made a new instalation
of flexible 2008 but problem still remain.
has anybody an idea what else i have to do ???

finally for MP 377 enable "factory reset" in prosave "os update" needed
enable connection by ethernet

gandr

You are using an MP377 with PPI, i.e. with an S7-200 !?!?
Quite a miscmatch in terms of performance and cost.

I would have suggested to use ethernet if I had known that it was an MP377.

no i am using an MP 377 with an S7 300 317 2DP
i solved problem with up update os using ethernet connection
but i can t down load project with ethernet and im using ppi 115000 conection with stader siemens ppi cable.

Why cant you download project via Ethernet ?

In the Windows Control Panel on the MP377, go to the "transfer" applet, enable the ethernet port, and set the relevant IP and Subnet address.

I just had the same problem and have managed to sort it and thought I'd post how I did it in case anyone else finds this thread (the same way I did) and are experiencing the same problem.

My MP377 12" touchscreen was showing:

- Enabling update mode...
- Loading image from flash...
- No image found...
- Waiting for image update...

It wouldn't boot past this message.

I made a note of the MAC number above the message.

I didn't know what the IP address was of the screen so I connected my laptop to another laptop with an ethernet cable. When they established some connectivity I wrote down the IP address that my main laptop (the one with WinCC etc on it) had given to the slave laptop.

I then opened WinCC Flex (in the main laptop), set the Transfer Settings to Ethernet and put in the address that had been given to my slave laptop.

I then went to Transfer - OS Update in WinCC Flex and ticked the "Reset to Factory Settings" box and entered the screens MAC address in the box provided and click Update OS.

Then it worked!! I can't remember if I had to power the screen off, then click the Update OS, and then power the screen back on or not. You might need to try this if it doesn't work first time around.

Just thought this might be useful to someone someday

;-)

** Won't let me edit my message as it's over the 60 minutes allowed, so here's my P.S. **

PS. When using Ethernet you need to make sure that your PG/PC Interface (accessed through either Simatic Manager - Options - Set PG/PC Interface or accessed through the Control Panel) is set to TCP/IP -> *your network card* )