1769-L31 and ethernet

randyk

Hi all, Have a customer that wants ethernet for his system after we built it to his original specs. Is there any way to get ethernet on the L31 or is it better to go to the L32E?

If a serial port is open you can use an ethernet to RS232 gateway (AIC module) but you will be still stuck at a serial baud rate. Really for the price and ease of install I'd go with the L32E and be done with it.

Try the net-eni adapter is a module from rockwell that converts rs232 to ethernet/ip, it has some limitations with respect to number of simultaneous connection but if you can live with that it´s cheaper than going to the 1769-L32E.

Thanks, I've got my AB sales guy making me up a quote for the adapter and the L32E so the customer can decide.

randyk said:
Thanks, I've got my AB sales guy making me up a quote for the adapter and the L32E so the customer can decide.
Go for the L32E.
Much easier. no wiring or additional hardware to deal with.
It's all right there and you get a bit more power out of the processor too.