viewing local variables

etiang

hi, does anyone have information on accessing loal variables and linking them to their respective addresses, for example, if i have a local variable #out, how do i relate this variable to physical output?

Assuming you're working with STEP 7, typically a local variable (#xxx) is used only in a function or function block. The name of the local variable appears on the function or function block call as the name attached to one of the input or output pins. So I'm guessing you're asking if I'm looking at #out, how do I know it is really the value of Qx.x?

The only ways I can think of off the top of my head are maybe symbols, or using the real would I/O point as part of the name of the local variable. There may be a more direct way to do it, I just don't know what it is.

Local variables are not related to physical output until your program copies the local variable to a physical output.

Anything attached to the input/output pins of a function is a parameter.

Last edited: