4-20mA to -10-10V ? urgently

juzeko

Hello, does anyone know how to convert Analog output of PLC 4-20ma to -10 - 10V? It's there any schematic that does this?

I have Honewell HC900 and it supports only current output...:(
Please help.

juzeko said:
thx! but i need shema of it, so i can make it myself :)

Yikes! Most of these items are signal conditioners and converters on PCBs. I doubt anyone is going to have a PCB schematic for you and by the time you make one you'll have spent as much as you could have bought one i'm afraid.

Why Can i do something like this? anyone?

For exemple if Iin=1mA, R1=750Ω, R2=500 Ω, i have Vout=-0.5V,

And for Iin=4mA, R1=750Ω, R2=500 Ω, i have Vout=-3V,
and for Iin=20mA, R1=750Ω, R2=500 Ω, i have Vout=-10V,

and for Iin=-20mA, R1=750Ω, R2=500 Ω, i have Vout=10V

You can't do that with 4-20 -- how are you going to get the -20 for Iin?

It would be fairly easy to do +/- 20ma > +/- 10V, but not 4-20 ma.

OR you could use a plc with a 4-20 input and a 0-10 output.

Moore Industries
3 way isolator (INPUT OUTPUT SUPPLY all isolated from each other)
Specify any common input
Specify any common output
Select supply AC or DC (I recommend use 24 Volts DC)

How is your Op Amp Theory?

You could convert the 4-20 mA signal to 2-10 volts with a 500 ohm resistor. Then design a summing op amp circuit that will sum the 2-10 volts with a fixed negative voltage to get -10 to +10 volts out. The trick will be to get the gains correct for each of the signals. If you cannot do this, purchase one of the units suggested. Its not worth it to try and build one yourself.

Vic said:
You could convert the 4-20 mA signal to 2-10 volts with a 500 ohm resistor. Then design a summing op amp circuit that will sum the 2-10 volts with a fixed negative voltage to get -10 to +10 volts out. The trick will be to get the gains correct for each of the signals. If you cannot do this, purchase one of the units suggested. Its not worth it to try and build one yourself.

And don't ever call me to come troubleshoot anything in your factory. Sure it's obviously possible because there are products out there that do this but practically it just doesn't make any sense.

Rich1955 said:

Doesn't have the negative side of the output ranges:

ADConvRanges.jpg

juzeko:
What are you really trying to do? Things with +/- analog signals are usually valves or servo motors. Do you really need a valve driver or servo drive?

Im student and i need to have -10 to 10V input to some maketa with second order system. And it has to be from PLC, to get some step input and so on(need to build MRAC system its for my final work and dead line is coming soon :)). I managed to do it with that shema i draw few threads before. I managed to get -0.5 to -10.25V and by swaping input wires from PLC i managed to get 0.5 do 10.25V. It works fine.

Sorry for bad english, and thx for advices.