DASABCIP ver 4, CompactLogix16, ENI and Wonderware

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone get this combo to work? I tried for about an hour today, on what I thought should be a simple configuration. I've used the CIP driver for SLC, Compact and CLx via direct ENB, but never through an ENI.

In any case, I added the ENI_CPLX object and set the correct IP. Added the backplane object below that and then the LOGIX_CPLX object. Set Slot to 0 and everthing else default. Created a default group called 'test'.

On the wonderware side, nothing new. Created an access/topic called 'test', application DASABCIP, node blank (all on one machine).

Created a tag called 'Switch' in both WW and CPLX, of type discrete.

I can see the tag populate the diagnostic window of the DASABCIP driver, so from WW to DASABCIP, that part is working. However the tag is in error and doesn't communicate to the CPLX.

I've checked everything three or four times so not a case of typos and as stated before, I've done literally dozens of these with SLC5's and ENBs, so I'm a bit familiar.

To double check, I created a DDE/OPC topic in RSLinx, drilled down and was able to communicate from WW fine. The odd thing here though, is that in Linx, if I drilled all the way down to the processor in slot 0, it didn't work. I had to actually stop at the CPLX object under the DF1 portion of the ENI. If I opened up the DF1, selected the backplane and then the processor in slot 0, no go.

That almost seems to suggest there is an issue going through the backplane to the processor in defining the topic/group and that could be the issue on the DASABCIP driver. However, I cannot add a group at the ENI level of the DASABCIP driver.

So, anyone setup this configuration before and what am I doing wrong? Is there some prefix additive that I have to add to the Item name in WW other than the CPLX tagname itself? The PDF gave some mention of PROCESSOR:<Program>.<Tagname>. I tried that to but to no avail.

Help?!?

PS...Sure I know the simple solution is stick an ENB module in there. But I'd still like to know what I'm doing wrong. It's for a customer's training lab and this is their current configuration.

Last edited:
What firmware revision is your CompactLogix.

I think that the latest DASCIP driver only works up to 16.2 or 16.3.