Which AB servo motor model is better

coa

I used to work with Ultra3000 with MP-Series low inertia motor for pick&place machine and found dynamic response is not good (high accel/decel with high jerk, not smooth stop with high movement velocity with short travelling distance).

Now I've to make the same application and wish to know which motor model will be better between MP-Series and 1326AB or other AB servo motor? My application need fast movement for pick&place.

Agreed, check out your application in Motion Analyzer.

If you're looking for a smaller motor (i.e. NEMA23), I have had good results with the TLY series. My only gripe is that the power/feedback connectors are kind of chincy but otherwise it packs a lot of power into a small package.

dynamic response is not good (high accel/decel with high jerk, not smooth stop with high movement velocity with short travelling distance).
This sounds like a programming problem. Accel, Decel, and Velocity are programmable. If you're using ControlLogix version 16 Jerk is also programmable.

An inertia mis-match would be characterised by oscillation during the moves, or, if de-tuned, sluggish response.

However, for any new application you absolutely should do the analysis that the Motion Analyzer can provide. Getting the sizing right is fundamental to a successful project.

Can motion analyzer used for Ultra3000? I found only Kinetix family. My application will use standard Compact Logix with Ultra3000i indexing through DeviceNet. With Ultra3000, I cannot find jerk limitation.

coa said:
Can motion analyzer used for Ultra3000? I found only Kinetix family. My application will use standard Compact Logix with Ultra3000i indexing through DeviceNet. With Ultra3000, I cannot find jerk limitation.
Just drop the Ultra 3000 series (ewwwwww hate even mentioning those words!!!) and go with the new Kinetix 2000 since I assume you do not require lots of KWs.
If you're looking for a smaller motor (i.e. NEMA23), I have had good results with the TLY series. My only gripe is that the power/feedback connectors are kind of chincy but otherwise it packs a lot of power into a small package.
That and also the Grounding scheme with the Ultra can bite you at any given time (noise)!!

I just finished project with Kinetix6000 and both MPL and 1326 motor. Kinetix6000 make motion more better than Ultra3000. The bad thing of Ultra3000 is that it cannot use S-curve then make too much jerk. From motion analyzer, I can select both MPL and 1326 motor but MPL will be much bigger size (higher kW) compare to 1326 with same dynamic performance.

Anyone can give me which application that MPL will be more benfit than others ?

Sounds like sizing your issue is related to inertia mismatch. It is just as important to have a reasonable inertia mismatch for the application as it is to have enough torque.
The Ultra is on the low end of indexing drives in the industry. Its main competitive selling feature is the AB sticker.

Just curious hokie, why do you claim the Ultra 3000 is on the low-end of indexing drives? I know the AB sticker doubles the price but what features do other indexers have that the Ultra doesn't? Personally I like the Ultraware interface and have never had any problems with them.

I used to set Ultra3000 with blended motion but real movement was not smooth when transfer to new indexing movement. I also have experience with good result with Indramat. Maybe because my lacking of Ultra3000 skill.