RSView32 Splash Screen

That'll probably work.

A couple of years ago someone posted how to change the splash screen for the Logix software using Registry Hacker. I was hoping someone would have remembered. My search on this site came up empty.

Last edited:
Thanks, that was close. It was RESHacker and ken mentioned the splash in that post but no detail. I will poke around a little.

Ok got it used RESHacker and drilled into rsvenu32.dll

and modified bit maps 174-177 & 230-233 to show the splash screen we wanted when going into runtime in rsview 32.

I have REShacker. I wouldn't have known where to goof with the splash screen though. I toyed around with the .exe, but there was nothing...

Good info, thanks for updating us...

doug2 said:
Ok got it used RESHacker and drilled into rsvenu32.dll

and modified bit maps 174-177 & 230-233 to show the splash screen we wanted when going into runtime in rsview 32.
I'll try to remember this one for next time.
Thanks for the post.

No problem if you drill into the same dll under menu/20047/01033 you can manipulate the actual splash not just the bmp. I resized it so I could put a big clear image.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to remove the splash screen?

also, doesn't the terms of use mention something about removing and/or obscuring various copyright images, names, logos, etc.?

Not remove, just replace it with your own logo and such.
There's enough AB logos all over the faceplate to begin with!!
For the same reason companies that build HMIs offer "customized" faceplates.

To have the end user or oems logo visible while the HMI is establishing connections.

You are probably correct about copyright "stuff" but the splash screen has some tanks filling and says please wait. No AB or Rockwell texts that need to be there so I do not see why it would be a copyright infringement?