Translating SLC logic to CLX

Siby said:
CAn Any BoDy help Me ReGardinG the TranSlAtIoN of SLC lOGix to CLX.\
\\

REgardS
Open up RSL5K.
Under Tools -> Translate PLC/SLC
That easy!!
But......it won't be pretty and you may get a truck load of faults and warnings which you need to take care of manually (software won't do it for you).
Good luck!

The utility isn't that bad. Most of the 'errors' things that the utility would have to make assumptions about. It flags these items so that you will look at them to ensure that they are correct.

For instance, ControlLogix only has millisecond based timers. SLC have at least two different time bases. Now when the conversion utility comes accross a value being moved into a timer preset, it flags this to ensure that the user has the correct value in the timer.

I used the converter on many projects where there wasn't time or money to rewrite the program from stratch. After some minor cleanup, the program ran fine and did what it was supposed to.

Now doing this, some of the features of ControlLogix aren't being used, mainly the ability to use tag names instead of addresses.

It realy depends on your time and budjet whether to use it or not. It isn't really that bad.

Siby said:
WAT S THE USE OF THIS UTILITY ?
Saving time. Luckily for us a computer still has to go a very long way to become as intelligent as us people (or at least as most of us people :D ). However, if you had to rewrite the entire program it would cost you more time then now when you only have to check the possible problems.

Kind regards,