ip config

Hojland

Hey Guys.

I have to change some ip adresses. One in a SLC and one in a panelview 1200. If i change the ip adresse in the SLC in channel config and the ip adresse on the panelview, how do they know that they must talk to each other.

They just know because they like each other.

I am guessing here that you are talking about a 505 and a plus.
There are 2 ways to do it. In the plus go into the rslinx configuration and manually reset the old ip address to the new address. Scroll down to the old IP address and then click on the edit button.

The other way to do it is modify the original APA code and repoint to the new IP address. Make sure you copy the shortcut to the target. After that you will need to upload the after creating the new MER file.

Hey. I have tryed the first poseblity. I works great. But when the power is taking away from the plus, it forgets the new(plc)Ip adresse again. Can I save it somwhere in the plus

Mark - you're the man! I'm amazed that you got that:
Mark Buskell said:
I am guessing here that you are talking about a 505 and a plus.
There are 2 ways to do it. In the plus go into the rslinx configuration and manually reset the old ip address to the new address. Scroll down to the old IP address and then click on the edit button.

The other way to do it is modify the original APA code and repoint to the new IP address. Make sure you copy the shortcut to the target. After that you will need to upload the after creating the new MER file.

Out of that:

Hey Guys.

I have to change some ip adresses. One in a SLC and one in a panelview 1200. If i change the ip adresse in the SLC in channel config and the ip adresse on the panelview, how do they know that they must talk to each other.

Question:

But when the power is taking away from the plus, it forgets the new(plc)Ip adresse again. Can I save it somwhere in the plus

Answer - already supplied:

Wild guess here but....
When you assign an IP address to your sLC, make sure that you disable the BOOT TP and also DHCP options.
After that, the IP address of your SLC will be "fixed".
Once your PV comms setup is set to look for that address, you'll never have to change anything again.