1747-SN/scale system

Terry Boblitt

We are up grading our current blending system in a PVC pipe factory. Currently our scaling system are independent of the plc. I would to intergrate it using a 550 panelview. Put the recipe in the program so all te operator has to do is press te associated function key and the plc knows what ingredients to weigh up. I know that I need a 1747-SN and a Mettler Toledo scale head. The model is called panther. What I need help with is setting up the scanner card and the scale unit.Currently I'm using a 1746-L524 processor. Will plan on putting the scanner card in slot 12.
Any help will be appreciated-----Terry

Terry Boblitt said:
We are up grading our current blending system in a PVC pipe factory. Currently our scaling system are independent of the plc.
Terry that is not difficult, you have yo installed a 1746-SDN, use rsnetworx, install a power supply for devicenet, please go to knowledge base and you will find lot of info. There is a guy named Dr. Devicenet, look for him he has published

Terry Boblitt said:
I know that I need a 1747-SN and a Mettler Toledo scale head.

Is your scale the only device in your devicenet network ?, please correct you scanner number is 1746-SDN.
No problem about scanner position in your slc rack.
Use register to setup your recipes and to move data when you change the recipe you have to modify your slc program.

Will the scale be Remote I/O (RIO)?

I've done several of these with the PLC-5 platform, but never a SLC, should be the same.

The Scale usually will be 1/4 rack. Two words out and Two words in.

The scale manual maps out what each word or bit does. Pretty straight forward.

Ken

Rice Lake on RIO is fairly easy to work with. As far as configuring the SN module, the manual is your best tool.

Terry Boblitt said:
Never done block transfers & I don't know nothing about G files. So just trying to get all my ducks in a row before investing in the materials. Thanks

This is how I set up a Toldeo Panther on RIO using a SLC 5/05 with the SN card

scale_rio1.jpg

scale_rio2.jpg

If I install the 1747-SN in slot 12 of the rack what determines what logical rack to use? I need to use 3-scales on this system. So am I to assume that if I used slot 12 for my 1747-SN my move command's would be--as follows-

M---I:12.0 to F8.0
M---I:12.2 to F8.1
M---I:12.4 to F8.2
Thanks Terry