AB Panelview 600 Help

BubbaD

I have a slicing machine with an AB Panelview 600 linked to an Ultra 5000 motor controller and I'm having a problem getting the motor to run. Everything appears okay on the main screen (no faults showing). I probably need to look at the program itself while the machine is in operation to troubleshoot this. I have Panelbuilder32 software available- is this suitable for connecting to and downloading the program so that I can view it or do I need additional software ( like RSLogix) to do this? I'm assuming the program will be stored in the Panelview and not the Ultra 5000? Would each of these devices have a separate program? Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The panelwview has its own application (program) and Panebuilder can be used to change/add on any app settings (buttons, etc).
If it is a 600 Plus you will need rSview studio which now is called Factory Talk studio or something V5.0
The 5000 has its own program and you CANNOT use RSlogix for it if it is indeed a stand alone unit with no PLC.
You can purchase Ultraware for the 5000 to upload/download/change and view the program as well as monitor on line.
The actual program that makes your system work is stored in the Ultra 5000, Panelview is used as means of interface to it.
You will also need a cable.
Contact your local AB rep.

BubbaD said:
I have a slicing machine with an AB Panelview 600 linked to an Ultra 5000 motor controller and I'm having a problem getting the motor to run. Everything appears okay on the main screen (no faults showing). I probably need to look at the program itself while the machine is in operation to troubleshoot this. I have Panelbuilder32 software available- is this suitable for connecting to and downloading the program so that I can view it or do I need additional software ( like RSLogix) to do this? I'm assuming the program will be stored in the Panelview and not the Ultra 5000? Would each of these devices have a separate program? Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
On a second thought, if you are having issues with the drive you could use the drive's LED to come up with the error code.
Something like "e19" or "F64" will indicate that there is an actual fault, alarm, warning that prevents the drive from turning on or run.
The display will flash "E" then flash "1" and then "9". which makes it "E19" (going by memory here but you get the picture).
If you have a manual handy go through it and you'll find a section describing all fault,warning and error codes.
It will be cheaper than buying the software and cables.
You can also download the manuals from the aB site.
www.ab.com