convert string

jimcav

i am using a micro logix 1500 and i have a number in a string (st17:3 looks like +0000.000 ) and i need to convert it to a floating point F8:1 for example.

thx
jim cav

As far as I recall, Micrologix/SLC's do not have any instructions for decoding reals from ASCII strings. You can possibly save some time, if it's a fixed format, if you just use the AEX (String Extract), ACI (String to integer) for each part extracted, and then some math.

thanks that worked great i was even able to use the + and -, to change the final floating point value. thanks for the help

jim cav

Glad it worked. I've gotten way spoiled by the string to real, real to string, string to DINT, and DINT to string instructions built into the Logix processors lol.