OT more humor

Well there has been plenty of other political talk so I just add my .02 and as for this link this was mentioned in at least two other forum postings on here and has been shown on several TV programs. Got anything a little newer?

Alaric said:
I would rather not politicize discussion on professional forums, even though I'm a political junkie at heart (Delegate and member of GOP central comitte for my state).

That said, as long as you are someone who can laugh and poke fun at both sides, this one is funny. http://www.peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm

Got anything a little newer?

Actually, I think it's been kept up to date. I don't recall seeing Sarah Palin's picture in it back in pre-convention days. Still, if she could only shoot and field dress Obama's unicorn...

Alaric, How do the Republicans in your state manage to reconcile the concept of a "Central Committee" with their political philosophy? That's a suspiciously pinko term you're using!

Last edited:
Yea, its up to date, at least post convention.

There are county comittees, state central comittees and a national central comittee. State central comittees and county comittees are made up of people from each voting precinct elected at local caucusses where delegates are also chosen. Its actually very grass roots - for example my precinct covers about 12 blocks, and I'd venture that at least half of the R's in the area know who I am. I've helped put several in contact with their US and/or representative as in that position I know those guys and can call them up and get through instead of getting some staff member. I've been on the comittee for six years. The central comittee has a varitey of duties, but mostly it's fundraising and working on things like proposed bylaws and resolutions - which can be proposed by any registered GOP member - It doesn't involve a lot of time, about 2-3 hours a month + a few days at convention time every other year. But it sure is fun and worthwile I think to be involved.

Have I told anybody about my contempt for governemt today?

Alaric said:
That said, as long as you are someone who can laugh and poke fun at both sides, this one is funny. http://www.peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm
I liked it. However, I don't like my choices. :(
It isn't that funny though if you look at it seriously.

A president should lead. They should be able to plan ahead and anticipate like a good motion control algorithm. I haven't seen this in any of the current candidates. The current idiot in charge couldn't even anticipate something like 9/11 even after it oppenents signaled their intentions years in advance. I don't want a government that reacts to problems. I want a government that anticipates and take corrective action.

Perhaps Sarah Palin has had to do a little as governor but congress just reacts. They are bozos. You need to actually run something to understand. Even managing a project like many of us as done would make us more qualified than those bozos.