RS5000 Tag usage ?

antoine

How is it possible to see at first sight if a tag in the list is used or not ?

For comparison: in RS Logix 5, you just click "Usage" and the used ones show with a "X", With Schneider PLCs they are displayed with bold characters.

Thanks
Antoine

Along that same path, what if you are trying to see if you have an open Analog input without doing a search on each one?Thanks
George

George Graziano said:
Along that same path, what if you are trying to see if you have an open Analog input without doing a search on each one?Thanks
George

Those you need to do a cross-reference search on, but you can do the 'base' cross reference, and search for say: "Local:9:I", which will show all references to an analog input in slot 9.

There is no quick way to see if tag elements (such as points on a digital card or individual elements within an array) are used or not. The only way to tell if they are used is to cross reference each individual element that you care to check.

I have already had conversations with technical support, and requested the addition of this function. Like you said, I think that a basic feature of RSLogix 5/500 would naturally be available in Logix 5000.

Maybe they'll add it in version 18, but I'm not holding my breath.

rdrast is correct about the base cross-reference.
I have a dummy tag which is a 32 item bool array.
I do a cross reference on dummy (not dummy[3]) and it will list everything in the dummy tag.
This works for udt (sees all components), slot (local & remote).

in version 16 used bits in a tag are greyed out, this is the closest thing to what you are looking for i think.

cheers