Omron-PLC-to-VBScript-in-a-PC question

JoeP

Hi, folks!
I'm banging my head against the wall again, trying to find a reasonable way to "see" 3 words in each of 4 PLCs (CPM2B, if it matters), beginning at IR 206...from a VBScript program running in a PC. I've done just enough VBScript to be dangerous, and probably not enough PLC programming even for that!
The idea is to make some decisions based on the values in those words, and that part I can handle, but geez, it'd be nice if I could say something like x = ReadPLC(Node_Num,Start_Word,Length), and get those words back!

Any suggestions, short of OPC Servers/Clients, or full-blown SCADA packages?

Thanks for ANY assistance, pointers, or words-to-the wise!

Joe

JoeP said:
Hello JoeP,
Might I suggest that you take a look at "CX-Server Lite".
This is not an OPC / SCADA application, but rather a great little interface for use between (say) MS Office apps and Omron PLCs.
Graphical (limited!) objects are supported, but most importantly, VB also. It should be relatively inexpensive, and is definitely easy to use.
Hope this helps.

JoeP said:
Hello JoeP,
If you don't have any success with the link that octospider provided, might I suggest that you take a look at "CX-Server Lite".
This is not an OPC / SCADA application, but rather a great little interface for use between (say) MS Office apps and Omron PLCs.
Graphical (limited!) objects are supported, but most importantly, VB also. It should be relatively inexpensive, and is definitely easy to use.
Hope this helps.

Too little information given.

How do you plan to run that VBS program ?

From a command prompt ? That sounds like a really odd way to interact with a PLC. Besides, you won't get access to ActiveX components like the ones suggested.

From inside some application that has VBS built-in ?
In that case, ActiveX components can possibly be added and used in VBS, but how can we know if you dont tell us which application it is ?

Hi, again folks!
Sorry I didn't provide enough info! The PC is running just this one VBScript application (Starts when Windows starts) that's "watching" a specific directory for files to appear, and reacts based on these files... uses Wscript.shell to invoke another application...

Is there other information needed? Should I post the VBScript code here?

Thanks again!

Joe