How to get the list of only forced inputs and outputs in RS Logix 5?

drspanda

Dear All,

I need help from rockwell experts:

Normally we force certain inputs as well as outputs in a PLC and every time if process goes to stop condition...We power off the PLC and before doing this We note down the forced I/O's.

But this becomes hectic process and I would like to know if there is a facility to take only forced I/O's list from a printer attached to the PC in RS Logix 5.

Or is there any easy alternate way to accomplish the task.

I am new to AB PLC's.

Advance thanks to all of you.

Not what you asked for.

Forcing I/O points should not be "routine", it's something to do until you can correct the problem.

Why not "fix" whatever is wrong, and then you will not have to worry about which points were forced.

Okay, okay, you may not have the resources to make the correction. In that case, edit your ladder using a "dummy" bit. On the first line of Ladder 2, add logic for an always true bit. Use an unconditional rung with an OTL for the bit.
By using either ] [ or ]\[ in the ladders you can overcome almost any forces.

Use this bit instead of forces, comment your edits very well,then the machine will always run the same logic after shutdown, no need to capture the current forces before shutdown.

Ken

Last edited:
/agree with Ken, but still, two points with PLC 5's..

If you want to see actual forces in effect, open up the O0: and I1: data tables in the data monitor, click the 'Forces Button' (RSLogix 5). That will show a '.' for unforced, '1' for forced true, and '0' for forced false.

(As an aside, if there are no forces present in a CPU, then forces will be automagically disabled anyhow).

Second, Logix 5 will save the complete state of all forces installed, and ask if you want to re-enable them on a fresh download. Also, forces stay in effect through power off and on cycles, almost making the matter moot.

Thank you, but I just wanted to know if there is a facility to get the list of only forced I/O. seeing the forced I/O file and then manually listing down is becomming time consuming.

Can I conclude there is no such facility?

Thanks.

There is no such facility... BUT

1) You should NOT be using forces in a program as a matter of practice. They should only be used as a temporary "patch" or for testing.

2) If you need to keep forces, save the file with the forces in place. Then when you restore it, they will still be there.

3) You should NOT be using forces as a standard program practice. (Hint... are you noticing a pattern here?? )

I totally agree with the above..............but still, "How do I" is still hanging out there.

Maybe try this.......

• Open the Output Force File. Select File, Print View.
  • Select the Input Force File. Select File, Print View.
This will get you a printout of the Force Tables.

OG