Panelview to Micrologix Comms

Aftech

Hi Everybody.

I want a panelview plus 600 to communicate with a micrologix 1100 via ethernet. Can any one give me some advice on how to set up the communication on the panelview ??

Do I have to connect the panelview and the ML1100 to set it up ?

Aftech said:
Hi Everybody.

I want a panelview plus 600 to communicate with a micrologix 1100 via ethernet. Can any one give me some advice on how to set up the communication on the panelview ??

Do I have to connect the panelview and the ML1100 to set it up ?

Yes they must be in same network to add ML1100 in shortcut menu. Configuration for PV is in RSViewME > RSLinxEnterprice tab

I do this all the time with a C-More HMI to the 1100. I use a N-tron din mount ethernet hub. The PLC and HMI connect to the hub. As long as you have assigned valid IP addresses for each device you are good to go.

If you know the IP address of the controller you can simply go into the Panelview configuration screen which runs at power up and set the address there. When your screen is programmed you then set up the communications in the project itself, under comms tag I think from memory, where you define processor driver, IP address, connection method etc.