RSLogix 5000 batteries

JLN

Can anyone tell me how long the backup batteries should last in a Logix 5000 controller? After powering down the processor for Hurricane evacuation, I get back (6 days)and processors have lost their programs. Thanks

PLC batteries

The batteries we have is 1756-BATA which are the large dual batteries 3.6v, 19AH. This application is offshore Gulf of Mexico, located in an outdoor Stainlees Steel panel which will get pretty hot.

From their website it looks like a minimum of 146 days but this depends on your processor model and condition of the batteries. Looks like the BATM with the BATA battery is your best bet. Maybe replace them with fresh batteries next time you have to close up shop.

We built a welding bot for repairing riser pipes for offshore rigs with an L55. Everytime we shipped it anywhere the operator had to reload the program - the thing ate batteries, always kept it powered up in storage. The BATM helped for local shipping, but when it was bound for South America it was hopeless. Bot V 2.0 used an L61 and no problems at all.

We are using the BATM and the battery was replaced within minutes before powering down just to be sure ............