Is that a UnityPro bug?

thedung

Dear all,
Is there anybody working with UnityPro? I had a problem with UnityPro when I were programing a routine:
1. to move array value from first block to second block.
2. At the first block's output, I assigned the tempVar and build LinkFB to second block's input. That's all.
The result is:
It's correct if I programed in Main routine (output = input), but it's wrong if I programed as DFB.
Is that a UnityPro bug?

I hear it is full of bugs - run away from it at a million miles an hour. Horrible! The bug information comes from my Schneider rep by the way.

dont know where you guys come up with these bug stories? Must still be running the beta versions.

No - my rep tells me there are still a lot of bugs. Here is one of the senior automation reps here in Ozz by the way.

Yes, I agree. But I still think this is a bug although maybe a minor. Why is there a different behavior between main routine and DFB routine? I need assignment a temp variable for output which is array data Type for initialize this output.

I'm not with you 100%. What function block did you use for this and what error did the builder give you?

Could you maybe post that section of code here?

Have you setup your project settings correctly for arrays (tools>project settings>language extensions.

Is that a UnityPro bug

Hello,
I attached .XEF file here to illustrate my point. Please kindly consider it if this is a bug or not.
Thank in advance.

I attached the xef file with a change I made. And now it works.

I think the problem was that you attached the output leg to a temp_var and also linked it to a leg of another block.
You should either link it to a variable and then on the input leg of the next block enter the variable name or (As I did) just link the output leg straight to the input leg.

So no bug then :)

Dear chud,
Certainly I known the solution, and thanks for reply. I'd like to confirm that it is a bug, because I can attach array tempVar for main routine, why I can't attach for DFB?. And remember that the simple dataType (not array) which is attached, is OK both mainRoutine and DFB.
And finally, How can you initialize value for array output pin without using tempVar to be attached to output pin?
Thanks and regard.