Slc 5/05 & Rslogix 500

Jimmy Duncan

I HAVE A PROBLEM I NOW SOMEONE HAS THE ANSWER TO SO HERE IT IS. I HAVE A SLC 5/05 THAT I CAN ACCESS USING RSLOGIX 500. I CAN VIEW AND EDIT THE PROGRAM BUT NONE OF THE DESCRIPTIONS OR SYMBOLS IN THE PROGRAM SHOW UP ON MY COMPUTER, THE ADDRESSES AND EVERYTHING ELSE SHOWUP BUT NO DESCRIPTIONS. I KNOW THEY ARE THERE BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN THEM ON OTHER CORPORATE TECH COMPUTERS, COULD THIS BE DUE TO DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF RSLOGIX OR IS THERE ANOTHER PROBLEM? I'M NEW USING RSLOGIX 500 SO I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE WAY I HAVE IT SETUP OR NOT.

THANKS JIMMY

Last edited:
Jimmy,
You need to have the original source code on the PC your using to access the SLC as the comments are held here and not in the PLC processor itself. So get a copy of the code from one of the other machines you've seen with the comments and use this to go online from yours and you should see the comments.

Jim

Jimmy

Unless you have the original program or a copy of it on the computer you are using you will not see the descriptors in the program. AB's new Logix line, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, etc got away from that problem by saving all the program info in the processor instead of the programming computer.

Dave

Control logix and compact logix only hold the equivalent of the RSLogix500 symbol in the processor. Bit/word description and rung comments are still held offline. Regards Alan Case

Last edited:
You only have the ladder logic file on your computer, you will need to copy the description & comments files to your computer. Copy them, ladder & comments, to disk from one of the other computers then save them on your computer.
I am not sure if you have the option of "SHOW/HIDE COMMENTS", if so then make sure you have selected "SHOW".
Roger