Bits behaving weirdly.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I have a problem with the ladder logic used in a Micrologix 1500.
My code code consists in the classic controls to start and stop a motor.
The rungs for all the motors are running as expected, except for the ones where the B3:10/XX bits are used.
In those rungs, if I toggle the "OIT start bit" (the corresponding to the Start button) to "1", the output (the "start bit") does not turn to "1".
This "start bit" of the first rung is used in the next rung to operate the bit that will latch the relay (O:X.X). I even tried to toggle to 1 the "start bit", but this is not turning the output bit to "1".

As I said, this is only happening with the B3:10/XX bits.
Anyone has experienced this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Compressing your program to a .zip file and attaching it to a post will help. In the mean time, there are some quick things to check.

How are you toggling the OIT start bit? Is this from an HMI? Or are you using RSLogix to do it right now?

Is the logic in question in a subroutine that is not being scanned? (this is a common problem).

Is the word B3:10 being overwritten by a MOV, CLR, COP, or math instruction?

Alaric was right. I had came back from the shop to tell you that the logic was in a file that was not being scanned and I read your responses. I already added the JUMP instruction.
I apologize for bothering you due to such a silly mistake on my side.

Thank you again!

No need to apologize - how do you think I knew to ask if an unscanned sub was a possibility? Been there, done that, and you would be surprised how often we get posts where that is the problem.