OT: Unidraf

LJBMatt

Anyone have any experience using or purchasing Unidraf Electrical CAD software.
It is a Japanese product and I have gone to the manf. website for info on purchasing but could not find any details on that.
I downloaded the viewer and applied for the trial version. There's not much out there on the search engines that I could find on this software.

I'm bringing this back from the dead so sorry if that bothers anyone.

Anyways, do you still want some info on it? I have a manual and an overview of it. I also have started using it. Version 4 is what I've been using and I think it makes logic changes A LOT easier.

Unidraf Software

I am interested in learning about the software. Is this strictly CAD software used for creating drawings or is it somehow tied into PLC programming. Any help with this would be a big help.

I am also interested in learning where to purchase this software.

Last edited:
when i go to their site and try to buy it, i only get a pdf file with possibilities and no info, so yes i would be glad with some info,

Sorry it took me so long to answer. The website isnt very informative and apparently they dont reply to often.

There is a distributor in the USA called Meiji Corp. They deal mostly with Japanese based products. Here's their website: http://www.meijicorp.com/default.asp

It only takes 2-3 weeks for Sinwa to send the software over which is a pretty good lead time .

Again, I have Unidraf 4 but the newest version is 7 which probbably has better translations in the menus

This software is best for PLC drawings but it will do AutoCAD style as well. It uses different mouse and keyboard strokes so you'll have to get used to it.

You can set the program up to download directly from the PLC. It supports Fanuc, Mitshibishi, Toyopuc, Allen Bradley, etc.

Last edited:
There is both English and Japanese language versions. I'm not sure if there is other languages available. I cant read Japanese either.

The demo is available for download which is essentially the full program but you can't save or print your project. I believe what you have to do is use the Japanese site to download a trial version.
Here is the link to the Japanese download: http://www.sinwa.co.jp/ancate/index.asp

There is a form you need to fill out before you can download it.
I'm pretty sure that you can install with English instructions.

Yes indeed i get a form but its in japanese, so can not fill in, and yes i am pretty sure it has an english version.
do you know the price?
or do you have email address, from senwa or a distributor?

If you use Google Chrome to automatically translate the page it'll help.

The price what I received is for a corporation price of $11,000 USD. Similar to the corporation price for a full version of AutoCAD for $14,000.

I've always talked to Ritsuko Hoffman since I go through the Chicago office.
Ritsuko Hoffman
Meiji Corporation - Chicago HQ
USA / UK / JAPAN / CHINA / THAI
T: 847-364-9333 Ext 601
F: 847-364-1140
E: [email protected]
W: http://www.meijicorp.com

If you send her an email, it will take a few days for her to get a response from Sinwa.

ELWIN looks like a similar program. I will definitely have to try it out being that it's inexpensive.

Looks like they create update packages for the database from current users making new symbols.

Yes elwin does that, with child contacts.
if you make the example out of the manual you will have done above.
Any questions can be send to me

Back
Top Bottom