1771 Ife/c

kdcomp

K
I have a 1771 IFE/C analog card and cannot see any data. I have tried multiple cards. different slots, put a known mA signal to the card but still cannot see correct data. Would anyone be willing to try and steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Kevin Daniels

Make sure first of all that the jumpers on the board are set correctly for current input and single ended/differential inputs. I believe that the IFE comes from the factory configured for voltage inputs.

If you write zeros to the 5 configuration words in your BTW, the module will power up with a default configuration:

1-5V or 4-20mA (depends on jumpers)
BCD data format
No scaling ie. 0-4095
Single ended inputs

Also make sure that the BTW/BTR data lengths are correct (see manual)

The 1771-IFE communicates via the BTR and BTW commands.
Before you can read values you must first configure it with a BTW instruction.

Try this link:

1771-IFE/C Instruction Manual

Also if you are replacing an analog input card in a remote rack, and you power it down, and then replace the card, it will come up with the run light blinking. (Awaiting configuration BTW).

Kim

1771_ife.jpg

Mainly a repeat of earlier advice.
Confirm that the internal jumpers are set for analog. Next confirm the BTW and BTR is working. The BTW must write the configuration to the IFE card and the BTR will read the analog signals from the card. Finally be sure your connection matches your configuration, single ended or differentially ended.

Are you getting data but it is not correct data? or are you not getting data at all?
If you are getting data but it isn't diaplayed correctly, you may only need to scale the units.
Roger