Slc 5/04

deand

o_O I am having A problem getting online with A SLC 5/04 processor. When I pull up RSLinx and try to configure the driver it gives me this error. (Unable to verify settings due to NAK! Check all cables and configuration and try again.)The funny thing about this is I have six other SLC 5/04 processors here and have no problem getting online with them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More info needed.
What driver are you trying to use in RsLinx?
What cable?
What port are you trying to connect to on the SLC5/04?
Do you have the offline file for the processor in question, to check its port configuration?
Is there anything connected to the port while its in service?
Have you ever connected to this processor before?
Any resent changes?
You said you have connected to others, with the same cable?same
laptop/PC?

Last edited:
The driver I am using is AB_DF1-1. I am connected to the RS 232 port with a 1747-CP3 cable. There is not anything connected to this port while its in service and the machine functions properly. This is the same setup I use to connect to the other SLC's without any problems.

Do you have DH+??

Have you ever connected to that PLC? most of the time that port on the PLC is set up for something else that has it disabled

So as Mickey has stated if you have an off line copy of the program you can check it to see whats its configured to...

But if you have DH+ you can go into it that way

Mark

This particular machine is not on DH. I have connected to this PLC in the past using the RS232 port, but its been a couple of years. I checked the controller properties in the offline file and its cofigured for AB_DF1-1.

Well, as I said above check and double check the cable, try it on another controller. (they can get damaged). Is the DF1 driver in RSLinx the only driver configured? If not make it so. Could there be something else trying to use the serial port on your computer?

If its a 5/04 its got DH+... or everyone that I have seen does, if someone downloaded a program with a different settings on the com port then they lock you out (its a bad joke)

You can go through the DH or reset the PLC and reload the program, if you have a good copy

Where in SC are you?

Mickey & Geniusintraining

I reset the CPU and reloaded the program. Thanks for the helpfull advise.

Mickey said:
Your Welcome

DITO

----------------------------

Mickey's signature sum's it up....

I just woke up from my nap while out fishing on my honeymoon and saw your post and wanted to help, now I am going out to spend some of my inheritance that I just got... so I am set for the rest of the day :)