when the main power supply is off ...

magdyfayad

if i want to control an operation of a generator by PLC as when the main power supply is shut off , the generator must operate .

i want to make a delay time after the main power supply is shut off as the generator operate only after this delay time

it must add a timer delay to PLC , as the timers in PLC when the main power supply is shut off can not operate !!

the question now : can we make this function without add any external device ( timer delay ) to PLC ??

as we want to make this function without add any external device to PLC !!

thanks

magdyfayad said:
if i want to control an operation of a generator by PLC as when the main power supply is shut off , the generator must operate .

i want to make a delay time after the main power supply is shut off as the generator operate only after this delay time

it must add a timer delay to PLC , as the timers in PLC when the main power supply is shut off can not operate !!

the question now : can we make this function without add any external device ( timer delay ) to PLC ??

as we want to make this function without add any external device to PLC !!

thanks
I think you need to think about it a bit more to say the least.
Auto transfer switches, load monitoring and such.
What happens when the power comes back on?
Any generator will have its own controller, you could use it to detect a power outage and kick in the PLC timer. Since the generator has to be powered up and ready there's no need for a UPS and such.
More details would be great.

I think you need to talk to the folks at Cat or other makers of standby generation equipment. No point in you designing what they make in a package assembly.

Dan Bentler

leitmotif said:
I think you need to talk to the folks at Cat or other makers of standby generation equipment. No point in you designing what they make in a package assembly.

Dan Bentler
My thoughts exactly!!
I was being polite.

Mains / generator change over

I have recently worked on a DeviceNet System via a Hitachi EH-150 Processor, that provided signalling for interrupting Essential / Non essential supplies. Works very well. The only draw back is the system is very fragile when it comes to inclement weather as there is no lightning protection afforded.

Would this help you situation?