Help!

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are there any Melsec GX-Developer Guru's out there? I have a problem trying to load GXDevV8.23 onto a new laptop. The new laptop was caused by working in a plant on a Sunday and having a maintenance crew decide to drop a machine subassembly onto it while I went off to find a missing 4-20mA signal. Pansonic toughbooks will handle an incredible amount of abuse, but will not survive having 8000 lbs placed on top of them. I have a "copy" of my install CD on an external hard drive it was placed on this hard drive for me by our IT "expert" in the office. It will not open to the autoload screen we are all used to when installing MELSEC software. Does anyone out there know the correct sequence of load to make GX-Developer happy about installing? I have all my product keys installed on a thumb drive but the GX-Developer install faults on a "SEVERE" - please uninstall existing install, prior to asking for any of the keys. Any suggestions would be useful, this would save me a 4 hour trip back to my office to get the original disk.

Thanks, Soggy

What is the operating system on your new laptop? Also, was this software ever installed on the laptop previously?

It's odd that it is saying, "please uninstall existing install" when you haven't installed it yet. Like there may be registry values floating on that new laptop that are causing it to think it is on it, meaning it was installed on it and not completely removed (like someone just deleted the program folder rather than uninstalling it).

Yeah that struck me as odd as well. However I broke down and went back to the office and grabbed the original CD - it loaded fine. Go figure.