linux and rs logix 500

mdavis33513

Will rs logix 500 run on linux? I have a copy of rs logix 500 6.30.00 and it is not install on windows Vista. The old maintenance laptop (a zenith 486) with windows 95 bit the dust last month. The replacement (a panasonic toughbook) came with Vista business, and it won't install.Thanks.

I wish it would install on Linux...

At home right now, so don't know what the current rev is, but it is supposed to work on Vista. You might need to upgrade to current...

I really don't think it'll run on Linux, but I'm not 100% sure. I've heard of it running on Vista. I'd run it on an XP Virtual Machine.

No, RSLogix is not a cross-platform or Java application and will run only on 32-bit Windows platforms. Version 6.30 is several years old and as you have found will not install in Windows Vista. It will run happily in an XP or Windows 2000 virtual machine but of course you will only have access to the hardware supported by that VM.

Get RSLogix 500 version 8.00 or 8.10 and install that on your Vista Business computer.